Today I thought that I would do the Accent Tag this tag has been around for a while but I saw the lovely Stephanie do it on her youtube channel (link) she also has an awesome blog (link) & thought it would be a fun tag to do. I've lived in Glasgow most of my life and have quite a strong accent (I'm sure we all adapt our 'choice' of words depending on who we talk to). In my videos I do try to speak more slow than what I usually would as I find that I can speak a thousand miles an hour, also my boyfriend is from Manchester so when I visit the in laws they sometimes struggle to understand what I say especially if |I've had a few drinks! haha.
Say these words
Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theatre, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pyjamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, Envelope
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider (or spider-like creature) that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Bonous Glaswegin slang
Aye, naw, wee, lassie, whitey, gonnae, ehhh, boak, boggin, fiver, clatty, cats died or budgied.