Wednesday 30 April 2014

Muslim Wedding Guest Attire

 Last weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to a Pakistani Muslim wedding and thought I would share the outfit that I wore. I don't actually know either of the families but my boyfriend Graeme is friends with the groom. Traditionally this type of wedding lasts for three days & this was the outfit I wore for day two which was the wedding day. I had no idea what to wear or what to expect either but luckily the grooms family helped pick out both our outfits. The wedding was held in Birmingham in a huge marquee at the grounds of a beautiful hotel. The venue was simplistic in cream and decorated with sparkly jewels and roses. Everyone wore traditional dress which was a sea of deep vibrant colours, the bride was stunning and beautifully draped in crimson red and gold. The contrast of the venue and attire was truly breathtaking. The day itself was so much fun and was lovely to see a traditional Muslim wedding as it's so different from weddings I've attended before.
(Photos taken in the hotel room)
Bag & flatform shoes both from Primark
Are you going to any weddings this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment